PPD...

Post

Psychosis 

Diary.

I'm beginning to see the aftermath. Running has protected me so far, but I can only run so far. My running was the good sort, the best sort. A run through years of training, of making connections. Getting me to where I am now.

The knock in the door yesterday, the daughter of the lady who used to bring me tomatoes from her garden. As her daughter handed me the tomatoes that she grew, as her mother had grown. Handing me the bag and giving me a hug.

And I suppose it all just stopped. 

People see, people want to be kind because we all know how difficult things can be...

I don't know what to do.

This is the long and short of it. 

I suspect a genetic link regarding my son's psychosis. But I'm not strong enough to face my son's father - ok, I need to ask myself what do I need to make a meeting possible...so I can cope?

But..

Do I need to know the shape, dimensions of what caused a similar breakdown in his sister?

If I side with the old adage of knowledge as power, the answer is yes!

What else? I'm scared of the potential for smashing and smearing to start up again. When my son's internal and habitual self attack demands that I understand how bad he feels, and feel just as bad.

Yup. I think it works that way. Simply my observation.

This aspect of internal pain and distress always leaves me cold. Because I remember when I was in labour ( giving birth!) how alone I felt because no one could understand how much pain I was in or take the pain away.

But.

I also knew that no matter how much they understood it .. I'd still be in it! The help probably would have consequences. And that felt isolating, lonely. And my flash of protective anger made me seek my own power and strength. Because I trust myself, because I'd forged a tool kit of mental hacks, because I never expect anyone to save me!

Because I can.

I'm so grateful when I have been saved through - ok. 

What am I saying?

PPD - how to get the people so undermined by psychosis, by the narratives surrounding psychosis and knowledge of how bad psychosis can be...

How to get my son out of his self imposed solitary confinement...

I'm part of his world, therefore I'm a part of what is maintaining the problem.

At the moment his money is dwindling and the result is mostly anger at his dad. Flashes of self harm and the anxious paralysis known as procrastination...

I'd thought of giving up the work I do twice a week. But, the prospect of being talked at more I am now, made me think again...

I need a plan that fits us both and his commitment. As always I feel totally at sea and unprepared.

First step when I work with clients who I feel stuck about, I write a letter that may even be given to them. The letter in which I name the problems they have overcome, their qualities and my hopes for them...

Would this be how I start unraveling the tangled thread?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Alliance.

Ash...