Enter the dungeon.


Riding back home...
Possibly the worst day
Since the other worst days
Made so difficult by my daughter who splurged her view of our parenting skills all over the ward...

This is the first post I've tagged with #anger

She had wanted him sectioned immediately I think...
And she wasn't here to see what that could actually mean.
Our attitude
To be pretty bomb proof
To keep on with the talking through...
To seek testing where possible.
To be there
Not to abandon no matter what..
And to refuse to act against a person's will...
Based on DBT - dialectic behavioral therapy.

My daughter prefers her mental health issues to be treated as a brain problem and happily takes drugs. I've no idea what she thinks therapy is, but what ever it is, there isn't one way fits all.

Service User was convinced taking medication would kill him.

It wasn't something he could be rational about.
And the mental health team could only focus on drugs.

Service User did not want to take drugs
Since he felt it had been taking drugs that had caused his emotions and feelings to shatter into blank - nothing....

Taking drugs
Was what he had to do
To be part of an 'in' group.

Then to avoid being sectioned.

Well, my view is
Service User cannot feel whole until he comes to terms with this aspect of himself and makes peace with it.

But this is more difficult still when a person has been coerced.

Ultimately
The pressure placed on us by the mental health team was reductive and damaging...and now Service User is going to be returned to that same hospital (I'd rather he stay in the area he is in now and go to a different hospital).

Yesterday
Service User had thought that he could go home when his bones were knitted back together...

I am so glad I told him that it would be a psychiatric hospital next
Watching the sorrow wash through him

Best I could think was
Well at least you are slightly more prepared.

Today he had expected discussion...
And for us to have some say

as if

At times like these
The directness of Tool
fits best...



So, ENTER THE DUNGEON
not much choice
so be it...
at the mercy of the mythology of my time
my role is to be who I am.

Comments

Popular Posts