The Mindfulness lady.



The mindfulness lady sort of does a kind of CBT
I think?
Actually I don't know what she does, because I've never stayed in the room when she visits Service User.
And
It was mindfulness lady who told Service User that she was worried about him and would talk to another doctor.
About going to hospital.

It was mindfulness lady who turned up with a social worker.

And it was mindfulness lady who knocked on the door yesterday, while Service User was out - getting biscuits - and who asked me how I was feeling...

And so I told her!
And she said that she 'knew how that must feel' and I said 'no, no you really do not know'

The word patronizing was looping through my mind.

Because the script never wavers, 'he must take his drugs'...
And underneath it all, this is her belief.
No offence, but it is like talking to Jehovah's Witnesses - except I can respect them.

She said, 'why did you think he would be sectioned?'
Me: you came here with a social worker and on Monday two doctors were present.
She laughed...
'She was a trainee social worker who was with me as part of her training, and I don't think there were two doctors?...we would let you know if we were thinking of sectioning Service User'...

Well...
I could be doubting myself here.
But you know what?
I record everything...so I have a recording of what was said to me last Monday.
And what was said may be a kind of game, or just crossed-wires.
Doesn't matter.

On Monday the psychiatrist said:
" Service User, I've got to tell you, so this is your last chance I don't want to but I have no choice but to put you on a section 2 taken into hospital under a section 2" 
I've not recorded mindfulness lady when she is alone with Service User.
This is a mistake..

Nor does it matter that there is nothing I can do with the recordings, since it is borderline illegal to just record people. But for my own sanity, only a recording can capture what was actually said, and more importantly, the way it was said. I need to check my impressions out, I know I'm going to hear things wrong the first time.

But when I listen again, and the words are unequivocal...

Hopefully between Service User's acting skills, and the compromises about the SSRI taking, we are getting out of this. Then we can really begin to sort out the depression underneath the self recrimination and beliefs about illness.

Comments

Popular Posts