Intrusions of the third kind.

Intrusions of the first and second kind [link]

Intrusions of the third kind are divided into two types.
  1. Synchronicity.
  2. Unexplained physical occurrences.
What makes it a type three, and not a type two, as a type two will appear with synchronicities and physical occurrences? Answer: a type two is explainable, it is odd and coincidental, but it isn't weird. Like when husband and I were sitting by a canal. I thought it would be a good opportunity to say how sorry I felt that I'd been so awful, and how much I cared about him. He met me with rage, told me to 'leave it', and just at that point where I was sliding into despair, a barge entered the lock and the name of the boat was Tara (which was the name I gave myself when I was a small child, and the first puja I accidently experienced - the reason why I took refuge with a Lama -  type three experience in itself). 

As the boat floated by I classed it as a type two. 
The degree of synchronicity wasn't weird enough to be a type three.




A type three has to feel weird.
A type three has to have that aura, a feel to it.
Because a type three doesn't make sense, there doesn't appear to be a directly linked cause in the 'real' world.

Waking to see my shelves slowly and surely topple over and fall onto my bed. 

Then the next day, when I was sitting in the kitchen eating a sandwich watching the cooking tins on top of the cooker slowly shift then fall, sliding across the floor towards my legs. Those are purely weird experiences; type threes, and I have no idea what they mean. I checked to see if there had been any tiny earthquakes in the vicinity, I've tried to think of practical explanations. There are none. I associate them with my husbands rage.

A type three is also when you find yourself thinking of someone and then they phone. A type three is a voice at the border between sleep and awake that tells me something. A type three is an unbidden fantasy that has been caused by fragments of meaning in the real world, now put together as a warning...Though explicable, the strength and sense of them is different. They are compelling. I think it is fair to call them visions.

All the more powerful for being at the edges of reason; betwixt and between solidity and phenomenon.

So this week has been like that, a sense of dread. A real sense of warning - which I listened to and acted on.

No details because it isn't over. 


Comments