Catching up.

5:16 am, in bed, writing via phone, via Gmail.

Mostly I've been wading through my assignment work; which is centered on the work of Carl Rogers. This has been, still is, conflicting to say the least. My personal history includes more than a fleeting exposure to Buddhism, so all the here and now, phenomenology stuff isn't new to me. But the demand to reflect back a person's world view which is intrinsic to the person centered approach, and to trust that the 3 core conditions are ' necessary and sufficient' is causing me to feel torn, really.

Brian Thorne, in his biography of Rogers mentions an experience that almost breaks Rogers; helping a woman suffering psychosis.

Anyway!
Been reading Viktor Frankl who talks a lot about how freedom isn't being able to ' be yourself' as Rogers appears to be saying, freedom is meeting each experience in a way that leaves you feeling proud of yourself.

So here I am. Now it's 5:38. Not easy writing on a phone...

Friday is our chance to say just how difficult and how stuck we feel about our son's. Mental health. To say he isn't taking his citalopram. To say, we can't cope.

Right now I'm thinking .of Viktor Frankl in Auschwitz, and telling him that...So yeah, I am trying to dig into what really is the best way forward.

And..for me right now, that may be just listening to Jeff Bridges sleep tapes. I am certain they won't send me to sleep...




Comments

Popular Posts