The journey to the hospital: Wednesday.



The next day dawned and the implications of what is happening were before me..

His flat.
What about rent?
His stuff...

What about his degree?
It was a panic attack in 2017 that began all this...
A panic attack caused by his dissertation...
Would the university allow him to defer his work?

What about his student loan?
How much money would he have to pay back?

Then
What about me?

I could feel anger rising.

I have just applied for a course for which there isn't a loan (so I've been saving) would I now hove to pay off his dept and miss my opportunity to take up my training?

How much is this panic about being unable to ask for help with his course work? Was he really prepared to throw away his degree when he had just one unit left to complete? What had his tutor done, didn't he notice that Josh was sinking without trace into a paranoid, zombie?

What about his job.
What about him.
What did he imagine would happen....

We spend this day talking to him about the implications
But of course
As he was about to die
It didn't seem relevant to him.






Comments