28 days later.

The 28 days of sectioning end on Saturday. My head still feels as if it is full of foam. As if my brain just expanded into holes. Decompression...a sudden release from the intense need to partition my thoughts (to concentrate on writing) and to deal with the incipient smashing of objects.

It would help if I thought medication could work. I find it ethically easier to talk with religious maniacs, rather than psychiatrists. Though religious fanatics get a bad press - Spanish Inquisition, witch burning...Psychiatry has its cabinet of horrors; and practices science in a maniacal religious way; magic words and faith required.

Anyway, I'm not looking forwards to what comes next.

As holidays are not on the cards, I bought a Vive. It would have been an Oculus Rift, only because they are cheaper and seem to have more games, but there were no Oculi to be had. Only one. solitary Vive with my name on it, waiting in the shop.

As I sat at the edge of the virtual lift, looking out at the virtual plank and the cars and the drop...7 floors below me, I thought here is where CBT therapists need to be. Because if their therapy is any good, it should enable me to cope with my physically embedded conviction that I'm not wearing a virtual reality headset and I am seeing the truth!

 Actually, this is almost a scientific experiment in the making. Lets get a Rogerian, a Freudian, a Jungian, a CBT person, a SFBT therapist too and see who can talk me into dismantling my irrational fear of falling off a plank that isn't there, into a drop that isn't there.

VR prety much is psychosis.


I've also been playing Obduction.



Guess it all has to get put away when service user comes home...so I'm making the most of this time.

Comments

Popular Posts