Armadillo 2.

Of course the shiny new laptop isn't the whole story. This morning I felt like I was wading through black mud, unable to speak, unable to think. I made the breakfast - same as in Friday - listening to the memories of how it began, totally out of the blue.

Impressions: one of the first was discomfort and an awareness that I was holding a knife, slicing orange. 

Next, I knew he was going to push over the workbench; and it is really heavy...

Then I remembered him swinging the kitchen stool. I remember my phone in my hand and him going for me...

All this as I'm slicing orange again.

I didn't ask if he wanted breakfast, as if that would break the spell.

The laptop meant I could lock myself away.

At some point I'm going to have to start writing about what works...

Comments

Popular Posts