When we came home from the hospital we spent considerable time going over the rules.
The rules are real world things, like washing hands, changing clothes.

They are also beginning to get into dealing with...what ever this is.

Accepting this is a Pure O 'syndrome until we find a better theory, how are you going to deal with it?
Reduce negative self-talk.
Notice and try to stop seeking humiliation.
Avoid shouting / screaming at us.

He agreed to keep to them.

This morning began fine.
Descended into snarling and shouting when I asked him what he was going to do today.

This afternoon, more of the same.

So, as you can imagine I'm regretting last night - asking myself why we didn't wait. A side issue to that is, how to people manage when they bring in someone who is suicidal, or really aggressive? This is why the police are involved and people suffering mental illness are kept in police cells, thus confirming all their paranoid delusions...

But what is the alternative?
Is the question I feel it's up to me to answer...

Anyway, what do I know.
I know that unless I listen to him talking for hours about why he has to go back to before it all went wrong (when he was nine....) and if I state clearly that there is a time boundary, or that I don't feel able to listen, he shouts and yells.

Actually, it can be worse than that.

Nevertheless, I don't know if listening to him does any good.
My main problem is a lack of an 'assessment tool' if such a thing exists!
There are contradictory theories...
And there is experience.
But I feel like my ability to get any kind of oversight is shot to bits.

Well, the best I can do is use a tracker.

Comments