Still thinking about it...


Honestly I have no idea!

Anger is what I feel, that's no surprise, I mean I am sure in my heart that what we have here is too weird for words - the repeating his aunt's trajectory from college to stinking bed...so any behavior that furthers that, such as pacing, refusing to look for ways to reduce anxiety (addict behavior) along side feigned helplessness (saying 'I should have come home when my money ran out'....!!!!) makes me angry.

My question is, do I express it as I feel it; with emotion.
Or do I step it down into assertive sentences, without emotion...

I began well - well means assertive without emotion.
All my breakfast cereal has been eaten (plus my porridge oats) and Service User drinks milk all day, so milk is low already.

Solution, we will go to the shop - that way I tell him, you can walk and get exercise, then rest for the rest of the day - and you can buy yourself some milk and your choice of cereals yourself.

He went upstairs to get his bank card.
Half way round the supermarket I said, 'you have your card?'
Answer - no!
Me - Oh well, put those things back then...

Back home I fell into 'hot' anger, so I left it alone and am writing this...

Truth is, (see yesterday's blog) I believe that 'hot' anger is better, more truthful, and expressing it without getting distressed, threatening or violent shows that anger can be...angry!
I believe that any negative feed he gets from being shouted at is safer than the negative feed he creates for himself...

But ultimately, negative feed has to go.

And even if I'm right about it being better for him, I don't believe that 'hot' anger is good for me.



Comments