Disillusion...


I should be celebrating.
But I feel as if my chest is being crushed under a rock...
Today, Service User got his official Discharge form.

I guess a part of why I feel crushed is that Service User is cut off...
I get messages from his friends saying, 'is he OK, he doesn't answer my calls or texts'.
So he has us, his aged parents for company!
I can't imagine anything worse...

And we are feeling right miffed that our empty nest isn't!

So it is the usual Friday night.

Where the mental health team were
There is now a gap.
Filled with phone numbers to ring for help.

Until his appointment in July.

I am very glad we are out of the imminent sectioning zone.
I've no idea what the next chapter looks like though...
And now for us, it is time to gather and think about our resources and best ideas, and try to work out how best to proceed.

A friend of a friend recommended a bed time routine and homeopathic aconite.
And acupuncture.

I think psychotherapy would suit...

Regardless though of what civilized liberal people think, I have the reality of the day to day interactions, and today was the day - after my increasing sense of being psychically battered by the constant reiterations of his health anxiety - that I determined to set boundaries.

I think I need more than this though.
I heard less talk about illness when I worked in a hospital.

The MRI scan is on.
So miraculously the symptoms are no longer of brain tumors or dementia...

After I told him that the hospital would be in touch latter today to book the MRI scan he wanted to go to the doctors so that he could get treatment for his brain-sapping anemia. I said 'the doctor would tell you to go to the supermarket to get some vitamin tablets.

And if you went for a blood test, the results of the test you had last week is still two weeks in the future.

I'm definitely getting compassion fatigue...
But I need to be truthful.
For my own sanity.

Comments

Popular Posts