Bank holiday.



This Monday is the first since it began that our weeks are free of the punctuation mark, that was the weekly visit from the psychiatrist.

Yesterday, bad as it was, represents a kind of bends, a sense of trying to come up from the deep waters too fast and too soon. 

We are agreed, husband and I, that I have borne the brunt of the stress. And it is time he stepped in sometimes, rather than staying out of it. The trigger for yesterday, happened before my husband said what he said. I'd watched Service User wolf down his dinner before I'd sat down, then watched him get up and begin pacing. So I asked him please to wait for everyone before beginning to eat, and if he is finished before anyone else, please either get up and clear the plate, and go pace in another room. Not up and down in the same room, transmitting that tense, itchy feeling as if there are ants everywhere...

I thought, why am I saying this?
Why isn't my husband saying this?
Is it true I'm the only one setting limits?

Husband apologised latter...
Today is much better.
It feels good to know it is up to us to do with the problems the best we can do.

A bank holiday is a day when going out is not a good idea. Traffic at a standstill, everywhere packed out with people. So a good day for me to do other things and step back.

Comments

Popular Posts